Whether you have been married for just a year or have been together for over 25, it is nice to get those that we love special tokens to show we care. One such occasion is your anniversary. If you aren’t sure what to look for in an anniversary ring, we are here to help.
- Personal style – Think about the personal style of your loved one. Do they like simple elegance, like bold statement pieces, or are they a bit eccentric in their taste? One easy way to figure out the jewelry style they prefer is just by simply looking at the pieces that they wear on a daily basis.
- Pick a Metal/Material – There are a lot of options as far as metal or material to have the ring crafted. There is tungsten, white gold, rose gold, gold, bronze, sterling silver, platinum, titanium, or even rubber. Sometimes people have strong opinions on which material they prefer which goes back to our first tip. If you see that they wear mostly white gold, don’t go for something like rose gold. Stick with the metal or material you know they prefer.
- Pick a Stone – If you want to have one or more stones included in the ring, you will need to consider what kind to add. You may choose a stone that is their favorite color, is their birthstone, or stick to traditional diamonds.
- Engrave – Engraving isn’t mandatory but it is a nice touch. You could have your wedding date, first date, I love you, nickname, etc. engraved into the ring. Every time your loved one takes their ring off to wash their hands, they will see the inscription and will feel your love.
- Sizing – If you are unsure of what sized ring your significant other wears, there is no shame in asking. Though there are also ways to figure it out without hinting at your gift. If they have multiple rings and don’t wear them every day, you can measure it.
- Quality – One thing that is important is that you are getting a quality piece. Do your research, read reviews and compare stores before making a decision on what you are going to purchase and where. The better the quality, the longer it will last and still look beautiful.
Whatever type of ring you choose to purchase for the anniversary of you and your loved one, the most important thing is that you put thought and effort into the gift and are presenting it with love.